It’s time to get that perfect back to school photo! On Monday, September 14, 2015, MWJH students are scheduled to take their school pictures. That can be a lot of pressure, so here are a few tips to help you get the perfect picture for parents that will make them proud.
- Get lots of rest the night before. You don't want to remember your year by having dark circles under your eyes.
- Get up a little early the morning of picture day. Wake up nice and early so you have plenty of time to get ready. If you have to rush, you won't feel as confident when it's time to get your picture taken.
- Rehearse your pose and smile. Do you want to smile with your mouth open, or closed? How do you want your eyes to look? One day prior to the picture day, go in front of the mirror and practice some nice smiles. Try to have a natural smile. Think of things that make you really smile e.g. your favorite joke, or something that your friend said to you that made you laugh or smile.
- Just smile. One of the biggest mistakes is to say “CHEESE.” Instead, just relax and give the smile that you have practiced! When it comes time for your picture, sit up straight and think of something that makes you truly happy while you wait for the photographer.
- Plan out your outfit. Don’t wake up on the morning of picture day and just grab whatever is clean! Plan a great outfit that matches your skin tone, hair color, eye color and really flatters your shape. Make sure that the pattern on your top doesn't have any writing on it and the pattern isn't too crazy. If the pattern is slightly too busy, then it will take all of the attention away from your gorgeous face. Solid colors are generally the best choice. Make sure it is an outfit you feel comfortable wearing.
- Never rush it. Take your time when you sit down in front of the camera. Sometimes just taking a few extra minutes with the photographer gives you time to prepare for the perfect picture.
- Most of all – have fun! Remember, it’s about capturing moment, do not stress about having your picture taken. Also, if you do not like the results, retakes are always offered at a later date.